This website www.amamaisborn.com.au is owned and operated by A Mama is born. A Mama is Born is the registered trading name for a small business run by Rachael Flack in Seaford, Victoria, Australia, ABN 93 953 295 642.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact me at email@example.com
I comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
I understand that visitors from the EU may access this site, so we also aim to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
If you use the A mama is Born website or choose to become a client, I may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- Contact details including your name and email address will be collected when you opt into my email list, register for a webinar, workshop or online event, or download a free document or training.
- Internet data including your IP address, analytics and cookies may be collected when you visit my website.
- Contact details such as your name and email address will be archived in my inbox when you email us or complete a contact form.
- Your opinion on future events or services that may interest you.
Use of Personal information
I use this personal information to:
- Respond to your enquiries.
- Provide specific products/services to you at your request.
- Help you understand our services better.
- Improve our products and services.
- Provide more relevant information.
- Provide you with relevant news and updates about my services.
I will only collect your personal information:
- With your full awareness and consent, such as when you email me, complete an opt-in form, or contact form.
- If I need to provide you with information or services that you request
- For necessary administrative processes if you become our client or customer.
- If I am legally required to collect it (for example Covid-19 tracing information)
- An opt-out will always be provided
Disclosure of personal information
Sharing of personal information is strictly on a needs to know basis and would occur due to:
- Providing you with services you have requested
- To send you products that you have purchased.
- To share with an affiliate, if you purchased through and affiliate link
- I never sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties, except to provide you with the products or services you have requested.
I will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where we have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information , please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss further.
A Mama is Born uses personally identifiable information for essential communications, such as emails, accounts information, and critical service details. We may also use this information for other purposes, including some promotional emails. If at any time you wish to stop receiving such correspondence you can simply click unsubscribe on any email you receive from me.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I take reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
I manage risks to your personal information by:
- Storing files securely
- Conducting regular audits of security systems
- Ensuring that only I have access to sensitive information
- Releasing information to service provider with prior consent and on a needs to know basis
If you are not satisfied with my response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
Notification of change
Last updated: June 28th, 2020.
Notification of Breach
If I have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, I will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If I still believe that you are at risk, I will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on this website.
Terms and Conditions
This document sets out the Terms and Conditions you need to be aware of when using this website and when using my services. Please take a moment to read them, as they set out your important rights and obligations. When you visit this website, use my services, or purchase my products, you agree that you are over the age of 18 and willing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you don’t accept this agreement, you should not continue to visit this website or purchase from me.
All products and services advertised on this website are offered in compliance with Australian Consumer Law.
On this website you will find information about fertility, grief and loss, pregnancy, birth and postpartum. This information is provided in the form of blog posts, service information, guides and training.
The information provided is for the sole purpose of sharing knowledge, education and support. Please be aware that this information and services does not substitute medical advice and treatment.
I have been an accredited social worker for over 12 years, and in 2019 completed my postpartum doula training. I am committed to ongoing professional development and seeking peer and one-to one supervision and support.
The role of a postpartum professional is to provide emotional and practical support to families when a new baby is born. In order to empower new parents in their choices, a postpartum professional may provide evidence-based information regarding basic baby care and normal breastfeeding. A postpartum professional will always make referrals where appropriate and limit advice giving.
Any testimonials and promised results I may display on this website are based on my experience and those of my previous clients. They are not guarantees that anyone else will achieve the same results. I do not guarantee any specific results.
I take lots of care to provide valuable information but I cannot be responsible for the use that you make of that information.
Please be aware that the generalised information I provide is not a substitute for specialist advice tailored to your individual circumstances.
There is no professional relationship formed between us unless you explicitly choose to work with me by purchasing my services or products.
I am not responsible for viruses or any other damage which might occur as a result of downloading material from www.amamaisborn.com.au
I am not responsible for the content held on any external sites that may be linked to www.amamaisborn.com.au
Engagement with this site and services
I am committed to providing a safe and inclusive online space. Blog comments and social media comments are permitted but please do not promote or attempt to sell your products or those of another individual or company. If a comment is determined to be spam, unacceptable because it is rude or offensive or for any other reason deemed necessary, it will be deleted.
You agree that A Mama is Born may, at its sole discretion, terminate this agreement, and limit, suspend, or terminate your participation in any service without refund if you fail to follow the course guidelines, respectful communication guidelines towards our staff or other participants, or if you impair the participation of other participants in group programs.
Respectful communication Guidelines
These guidelines cover all communications with A Mama is Born, customers and collaborators in our website, social media, private and public groups (including online and face-to-face groups), course engagement, Q&A calls, email, phone and any other engagement with our community.
A Mama is Born space is:
- A safe space. Any thing shared in groups or within my services will remain confidential. No cutting and pasting from private groups to elsewhere or sharing recordings.
- A kind space. There will be no acceptance of any hate speech, sexism, ageism, ableism, homophobia or racism etc. of any kind, in any forum I manage. I reserve the right to exclude you from services without refund or block your unpaid participation if continued breaches occur.
- A Supportive space. This is a place to gather and support each other and those that need support. There is nothing too big, small or embarrassing that can be shared here. I try and harness a mothers own intuition so advice and opinion will be minimal, but gentle guidance offered instead.
- A sales free space. Please don’t promote or advertise your products or services in my private groups or public pages without the written consent of A Mama is Born.
Jurisdiction and Dispute Resolution
A Mama is Born is located in Victoria, Australia. This agreement is subject to the governing law of Victoria.
If you have any issue or complaint arising out of your use of this website or these terms and conditions, you and A Mama is Born agree to make a genuine effort to resolve the dispute through negotiation and discussion.
If we are unable to resolve a dispute by negotiation and discussion within fourteen (14) days, the parties must proceed to mediation with the assistance of an accredited mediator who is independent of the parties. The mediator is to be appointed by agreement of the parties or, failing agreement within twenty-one (21) days of the first notification of the dispute, by a person appointed by the Chair of Resolution Institute, (ACN 008 651 232, Level 2, 13-15 Bridge Street, Sydney NSW 2000; telephone: 02 9251 3366, email: email@example.com) or the Chair’s designated representative. The Resolution Institute Mediation Rules shall apply to the mediation. We agree to share the costs of mediation equally between us.
It is a condition precedent to the right of either party to commence litigation other than for interlocutory relief that it has first offered to submit the dispute to mediation. Litigation is to be considered a last resort and may not be commenced until, in the opinion of the independent mediator, the potential for negotiation and mediation have been exhausted.